Heavy-Duty Cabinet Turntable Cleaning System
The Typhoon®-HD is ideally suited for manufacturing and maintenance applications involving chip and coolant removal, de-oiling, phosphating, rust proofing, rust stripping, paint stripping, degreasing, dirt and carbon removal, rinsing and drying. An aqueous-based cabinet-style turntable spray washer designed for single- or multi-stage cleaning processes, its proven design and durable construction make the Typhoon®-HD virtually maintenance free. Proceco offers you the industry’s most complete line of turntable washers with 7290 different configurations and 43 pre-engineered optional features. What’s more, we can deliver your tailor-made system with the fastest lead time in the industry. And of course, all Proceco washers are factory tested to provide the greatest advantage of all: peace of mind.
The vast array of features built into the Typhoon®-HD make it the cleaning system of choice. Proceco’s exclusive single- or multi-stage cleaning technology combines pressure, heat and aqueous-based solutions to clean your parts to spec within minutes.
Pre-Engineered Optional Features
- Recirculating Second Stage - Comes complete with separate tank, circulation pump, spray manifold, heating elements, cycle timer and pneumatic diverter. Can be used for rinsing, rust inhibiting or multistage chemical processes.
- Automatic Sludge Removal & Grease Skim Conveyor - Automatically scrapes sludge from the tank bottom and skims floating grease from the solution surface on its return loop.
- Fixed Turntables - With 2 Guillotine Doors Fixed turntable washer equipped with vertically sliding doors at either end for flow-through operations.
- Pit Installation - Turntable is located at floor level for roll-in and roll-out of parts racks.
- Spray Manifolds - Oscillating Center Nozzle Pipe Cleans the inside of cylindrical surfaces. The safety plate retracts the nozzle pipe in case of collision with parts.
- Fixed Center Nozzle Pipe - Cleans the inside of pots, totes and drums placed upside down on the turntable.
- Extra Heavy-Duty Turntable - For loads of 10,000 to 20,000 lbs.
- 3-Tier Turntable - Simultaneously cleans 3 layers of parts.
- Horizontal & Vertical Turntables - Rotate parts around vertical and horizontal axes.
- Parts Baskets - Ensure easy loading and proper positioning of parts on the turntable. Made of steel wire mesh; available in various sizes.
- Special Fixture - Optimally positions tubular parts for cleaning and phosphating of inside diameters.
- Special Fixture - Supports bearing components for best spray exposure.
|Additional recirculating rinse stages||Enhanced process quality and flexibility|
|Freshwater rinse/rust inhibitor||Low-budget rinse and rust protection|
|Chemical concentration maintenance||Uniform cleaning results|
|Increased pump capacity||Enhanced cleaning power, shorter cleaning cycles|
|Pressure/flow control valve & gauge||Reduced spray impact for lightweight/delicate parts|
|Full-flow bag or cartridge-type filters||Higher precision cleaning & extended solution life|
|Sludge removal conveyor||Reduced chemical use & extended solution life|
|Oil coalescing unit or oil skimmer|
|Center nozzle pipes, fixed or oscillating||Effective inside cleaning of hollow shapes|
|Swing-down nozzle pipe||Effective cleaning of high & low parts loads|
|Blow-off, plant air or regenerative, ambient or heated||Faster parts drying|
|Exhaust blower||No emissions into work environment|
|Tank pump-out package||Reduces downtime during solution change|
|Gas or steam heating||To suit customer’s energy source|
|7-day timer to program heating cycles||Saves energy during off-shifts and weekends|
|Automatic solution level control||Maintains machine in optimal operating condition|
|High-level alarm package||Prevents solution spillage|
|Programmable logic controller||Facilitates process programming and diagnostics|
|Power operated swing-out door||Prevents back injury to operators (swing-out turntable only)|
|Side access door||Facilitates inspection of nozzle orientation|
|Double doors, hinged or sliding||Permits through-feed parts handling (fixed turntable only)|
|Loading boom||Machine loading independent of building crane|
|Parts racks, baskets, fixtures||Optimal spray exposure and fast loading|
|Sound enclosure||Maintains healthy work environment|
|Stainless steel construction||For long life, chemical resistance and appearance|
Cleaning of Railway Bearings - Case Study
Customer: Railroad operator
Workpiece: Used railway bearings
Application: Cleaning after disassembly
Production: 30 bearings per hour
Cleanliness: Visually free of solid and liquid contaminants
- Recirculating wash-stage pump saves water and energy
- Freshwater rinse removes detergent residues and applies a rust inhibitor for corrosion protection.
- Large-capacity solution tank reduces solution foaming, increases time between solution changes, and leaves more time for suspended dirt to settle
- High-pressure wash pump effective removal of grease and dirt
- Oscillating power blast manifold improves workpiece coverage
- Sludge conveyor and grease skimmer combined system removes floating oils from the tank and solid contaminants from the bottom of the tank
- Exhaust blower removes vapor from the cabinet prior to door opening and discharges it into the atmosphere
- Swing-out cabinet door for easy load/unload of bearing rack
- 7-day heating timer conserves energy
- Part rack supports bearing components for processing
- Services with single-point connections for faster and simpler installation
Cleaning Forged Components - Case Study
Customer: Manufacturer of decorative forged lighting fixtures
Workpiece: Steel components of various sizes and shapes loaded in baskets
Application: Cleaning prior to welding or painting
Cleanliness: Free of welding slag, dust, and surface rust
- 6-stage process
- Recirculating, heated alkaline wash
- Freshwater rinse to drain
- Recirculating, heated mild acid etch
- Recirculating, heated alkaline neutralizer
- Freshwater rinse to drain
- Recirculating heated sealing rinse