Field Metallurgical Replication - Portable Grinder/Polisher & Etcher (PGP)
The major application areas are power plants, petroleum and natural gas pipelines, and welding quality inspection for metal constructions. In situ metallographic work must be performed on-site without damaging the components. This means that portable metallographic instruments for grinding, polishing, and etching procedures are required.
Kemet Portable Grinder Polisher & Etching
- Battery pack and motor controller to drive an NSK Evolution Power Polisher (ENK-250T)
- Separate battery pack and controller improves weight distribution
- Motor Speed 1000rpm - 25,000rpm, variable in steps
- Battery life 2 ½ - 5 hours constant use
- Visual LED bar-graph display of RPM, load indication and battery level
- Push buttons for increasing / decreasing RPM, an on/off button and a reverse button.
- Separate battery charger
- Supplied with 4:1 reduction gear and right angled hand-piece (IC-300)
- Brushless motor
- Product code: 339188
- The technique is portable and can be used on-site.
- In situ metallography can be used to monitor quality of purchased components.
- Replication techniques are non-destructive.
- Replicas are ideal for both flat and curved surfaces
- The techniques can be applied to a wide variety of materials.
Field metallographic procedures are performed “on location” or in the “field” on components that are too large to bring to the metallographic laboratory. Generally, these components are still being used in service or must be returned to service and cannot be destructively sectioned or physically altered. Field metallography is also called in situ metallography, and it is sometimes called non-destructive metallography.
Consumables included with kit
|32mm rubber holders (Pk 3)||340724|
|32mm Abrasive Discs||Code|
|Grit 80 (Pk 100)||362441|
|Grit 120 (Pk 100)||362442|
|Grit 240 (Pk 100)||362443|
|Grit 400 (Pk 100)||362444|
|Grit 600 (Pk 100)||362445|
|HS Green (Pk 25)||340722|
|HS Blue (Pk 25)||340725|
|MBL (Pk 25)||341889|
Cellulose Acetate Replication Sheets
We offer cellulose acetate replication film in 4 thicknesses; 35, 50, 75 and 180 microns. Cellulose acetate is soluble in acetone.
|Micron Size||Dimensions||Pack Size||Code|
|35||150 x 100mm||20||343511|
|50||150 x 100mm||20||343512|
|50||Tape (38mm x 1.1m)||1||343513|
|75||150 x 100mm||20||343499|
|180||150 x 100mm||20||343498|
Replicating Media for Metallographic Replication
The SiliKem compound is used as a replication media, it provides excellent dimensional stability with an accuracy of 0.1μm. A maximum of 3 minutes from mixing to the finished sample. Both Replicating Media and Replicating Tape for metallographic field use create a 3D surface replica for analysis and examination.
- Non-hazardous substance
- Does not generate heat during curing
|SiliKem Resin Cartridge (includes 6 nozzles)||339805|
|Mixing nozzles||48 pack||339801|
|Nozzle Tips (For use in hard to reach areas)||50 pack||339806|