Portable & Digital Microscopes
For the serious precision applications this microscope has a high resolution of 1.3 megapixel and an adjustable magnification of approximately 10 to 70 times as well as 200x. This model also provides the possibility to calibrate the microscope for measurements. Each microscope comes complete with capture software including measurement features. They are incredibly versatile, consequently the applications range from quality control, assembly, scientific research, dermatology, forensic and law enforcement.
- 1.3 megapixel (1280x1024 pixels)
- Magnification 10x~70x, 200x
- Interface USB 2.0, High speed USB transmission
- Number of LED’s - 8
- LED on/off switchable
- Magnification lock
- Output; Picture, video and time-lapsed video
- Video Frame Rate up to 30 frames-per-second, 15fps at 1.3M
- Measurement; (line, radius, circle, 3-point circle, etc.)
- Compatibility; Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and recent MAC OS
- Microtouch Capture Software with Measurements
- Laptop required for viewing
- Product Code: 362617
5MP resolution versions available, with a huge range of different variants including:
- Extended dynamic range (great for high contrast images – bright metal on a black background for example whereby glare is greatly reduced)
- Polarisation – perfect for reflective surfaces
- Automatic magnification reader – useful feature if accurate measurements are required. This eliminates any human error in judegement of the magnification to ensure accurate reading.
- Wifi versions
Extended Dynamic Range (EDR) feature
Details of darker or brighter areas within the object can be revealed by stacking images at different exposure levels. The Extended Depth of Field (EDOF) feature automatically stacks images at different focus level to improve the depth of field on rough or uneven surfaces. Different caps are supplied with the microscope making the Dino-Lite the perfect choice for any professional application.
Butterfly with EDOF
Butterfly without EDOF
In this category of microscope in particular price is an extremely clear indicator of product quality, functionality and the expected product support and lifetime, a really low price will nearly always equate to a limiting and disappointing product. One extremely important yet often overlooked aspect to consider is whether the product is likely to be supported in the medium term as new versions of Windows or MAC OS are released, really cheap products invariably stop working and there is no competent worldwide support to assist you.