Brinell Hardness Testers
Low Load Brinell Hardness Testing Machines
Range of applications
- Brinell ISO 6506-3 and ASTM E10
- UKAS accredited.
- Suitable for the calibration of test blocks.
- Unique nose mounted indenter, allows access to awkward to reach test points.
- Fully automatic testing cycle, eliminates operator influence on the test results.
- Test scale designation on display.
- Simple load change mechanism
- Bar graph and audible signal to confirm test routine with display of dwell countdown.
- Alarm to warn of aborted test, ensuring a valid test has been completed.
- UKAS accredited indenters and test blocks
- Variable load dwell times, 1 to 50 s.
- RS232C output to PC or printer.
- Automatic conversion to alternative scales, eliminating the requirement for conversion tables.
- Dead weight load application provides long term test force stability.
- Audible and visual indication of “out of tolerance” results, eliminating operator decisions.
- Calculation of average (X-bar) and range (R).
- Built in measuring microscope.
- Upgradeable with a camera and video monitor to reduce operator error when measuring Brinell impressions.
- Full range of standard accessories.
Full Load Brinell Hardness Tester
The ZHB 3000 is an inexpensive dead weight, bench mounted Brinell hardness tester which meets the needs of a wide range of Brinell applications, ranging from occasional laboratory testing to continual testing in a foundry environment with high accuracy and low service costs (Brinell testing to ISO 6506 and ASTM E10, UKAS accredited).
Comprehensive test force range: 62.5, 187.5, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 3000 kgf
Deadweight Design for High AccuracyThe ZHB 3000 system applies precise loads using a dead-weight design. A pneumatic cylinder ensures the load descends smoothly thus ensuring there is no impact effect on the test specimen and lifts the load at the end of the test cycle. This simple load system does not require frequent monitoring or repeated calibration for each load change.
Economical to Own and OperateThis simple and rugged Brinell testing system comes at a very competitive price.
Low Service RequirementsThe ZHB 3000 has few moving parts which are critical for proper load application. High quality materials and parts are used to ensure the tester has a long life. This is essential for industrial Brinell hardness testers which are often used in hostile environments.
Easy Semi-Automatic Test OperationThe semi-automatic test sequence ensures the test is performed in accordance with internationally recognised standards. The operator raises the elevating screw until the specimen is seated. At the press of a button the test force is applied and then removed after a preset time.
Different loads can be applied by adding or removing weights. Three push buttons control the test sequence dwell time.
Brinell Optical Scanning System (BOSS)
Automatic measurement of Brinell indentations in accordance with ISO 6506 and ASTM E10
UKAS accredited certification of calibration
- BOSS virtually eliminates operator influence when reading Brinell indentations
- Results computed instantly
- Real time image capture displays the indentation
- Operators at different locations get repeatable and reproducible results
- No special operator training required
- Unlimited test files and records
- Tolerance and warning level setting
- Histograms and scale conversions are automatic
- Password protected calibration is simple and straight forward
- X-Bar and R charts supplied as standard
- Industrial cabinet for hostile environments is optional
- The entire test sequence is very simple:
- Place the scanning head on to the work piece.
- Locate the indentation until it appears in the centre of the screen.
- Press the button on the scanning head.
- The BOSS automatically measures the Brinell indentation to the nearest 0.01 mm.
- The result is stored to the batch file and compared with the tolerance setting where the appropriate colour is displayed:
- Green within tolerance limits
- Yellow within warning limits
- Red outside tolerance
- The results data is displayed using the statistics package which offers three self scaling windows graphs in histogram, X bar (average) and R (range) charts and straight data output with tolerances.